Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sudden Hailstorm on Siberian Beach

Yeah... I've got Siberia associated with many words in my mind (cold, empty, huge, etc.), but beach is definitely not one of them.

In any case, I suppose if you live in the large Siberian city of Novosibirsk (third most populous city in Russia), and are thus thousands of kilometres from the nearest decent beach, then the banks of the river Ob might sound like a good idea for a warm July day (Novosibirsk has an average high of 25.4oC in July actually).

So, just a few weeks ago, river beach goers were having fun at the river Ob when suddenly a severe hailstorm erupted.





That lady at the end... what was she thinking?

The "beach" is here by the way (or check out the image below).




From what I can see Novosibirsk is connected to Chalkidiki via Astra Airlines every summer.
I recommend to the people of Novosibirsk to take that flight and forget Ob beach.

(source)

No comments: