Saturday, March 29, 2014

Loop Da Loop

This reminded me of my childhood.
Although, I was more of a Matchbox fan than a Hot Wheels one.

Today I learnt (from Wikipedia of course) that the two used to be competitors until 1997 when Mattel (the owner of Hot Wheels) bought Tyco Toys (owner of Matchbox). I hate monopolies and soulless multinationals. No competition, no progress (or at most slow progress). 

In any case... moving along...

Here are Team Hot Wheels drivers, Tanner Foust and Greg Tracy, racing two vehicles through a six-story double vertical loop in 2012 at Los Angeles.




Mighty impressive! (despite the dreadfully anticlimactic sound and editing)

And here's Team Green driver (part of Team Hot Wheels I presume), Brent Fletcher, attempting a World Record Corkscrew jump in a revved up performance buggy. 






Finally, here's Team Hot Wheels (Yellow) driver Tanner Foust breaking the world record for a distance jump in a four-wheeled vehicle at the Indianapolis 500 on May 29th 2011. He drops almost 10 stories down (although I'm not convinced that that was actually necessary) and "flies" 101m through the air.





(source)

No comments: